What is the Chapter Proficiency Award for Project Management?
The PMI Regina / South Saskatchewan Chapter established the award in 2005 to promote and recognize Project Management "best practices", and increasing awareness and recognition of Project Management excellence and success within our community.
This award is different from other awards:
- competition is local and the submission process is simpler and requires less effort.
- submissions will be evaluated based on responses to specific questions that conform with a project management "best practice", demonstrating the Project Manager ability to manage the components of the project triangle including scope, time, and cost.
- all project types, sizes and duration are encouraged to participate and compete:
- Volunteer & Non Profit Organizations
- Business Organizations
- Student Projects
The award will benefit the project management community by providing :
- finalists with the opportunity to share their "best practices" framework in managing projects.
- membership with the opportunity to see how others use their "best practice" framework to manage projects.
- a foundation to influence others to submit their projects for the PMI Project of the Year Award.
Projects submitted to the PMI Project of the Year Award or those having received an award from other professional associations are exempt from competing in this award.